Labor certification required.

This group contains three types of workers and applies to foreign national professionals with bachelor's degrees (not qualifying for a higher preference category) who are:

a. Skilled Workers (generally requiring at least two years training or experience); or

b. Professionals (baccalaureate degree and professional job); or

c. Other Workers (unskilled labor).  People with less than two years experience or if the job does not require two years experience or training.

Skilled worker positions are not seasonal or temporary and require at least two years of experience or training. The training requirement may be met through relevant post-secondary education. The Form ETA-750 (Labor Certification)states the job requirements, which determine whether a job is skilled or unskilled.

Professionals must hold a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent degree that is normally required for the profession. Education and experience may not be substituted for the degree.

Other workers are in positions that require less than two years of higher education, training, or experience. However, due to the long backlog, a petitioner could expect to wait many years before being granted a visa under this category.


Main Employment Page